Lines Code Editor was created to be a free, fast and simple source code editor for Microsoft Windows. Seen by its creators at CreatixBih as a great Notepad replacement editor, the software boasts many features and is pretty easy to use.
Users will notice a quick and effective start-up and workflow, even on older machines. It also has an integrated web browser with auto-refresh on save and a host of easy to navigate document tabs.
Key features include:
- Checks PHP syntax errors on save.
- Custom text snippets and document templates.
- Split code editor up to four views.
- User commands, external scripts, output console.
- Full capable project explorer integration.
- Syntax highlighting for many common languages.
The software also supports Unicode, UTF-8, ANSI, ASCII encodings, and boasts an encoding converter. It contains a work-space and project-based file browser which facilitates code export and printing support. There is also a colour picker with the current CSS file colours.
In terms of line operations you can toggle comment, duplicate, remove empty and trim ends. You are also able to convert encoding and text by opening the folder as a project from explorer’s right click menu. You will then have right click editing of any file in explorer and be able to export the project as a zip file.
Lines Code Editor has many more abilities, but overall it is quickly gaining a great reputation as a Notepad replacement editor. It is also remarkably user friendly, which makes all the difference. It is available for download, as long as the following requirements are met: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Download and Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10
- Option to limit tab width by limiting the number of characters
- Color indicator activated by color click when in CSS context
- Document colors shows text values
- Close tab-document button on right
- Fixed flickering when switching tabs
- Added last write time on tab tooltip
- UI response improvements
- Added dialog on project open
- Added import project from ZIP file and saving file location
- Toolbar hides on web browser open
- Option to merge empty lines to one empty line
- Fixed project command bug when argument field is empty
- Menu activation fixes
- Color picker window size reduced (HSL selector removed)
- Color picker shows named colors and titles
- User response form