Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.
Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
To find out how skins can improve your user experience, check out our guide to installing skins for Winamp.
- [Winamp] Added upd_mode=1 ini only option for pledit Shift+E editor to not also add new files when updated to the ml (default value = 0)
- [Winamp] Added no_video=1 support to winamp.ini for force disabling all video support/features/menus/prefs
- [Winamp] Fallback to out_ds then out_wave if specified output plugin can't be found. If no out_ds/wave present then show error msg and abort playback
- [Winamp] Fixed bad 'Find more languages' link in Prefs
- [Winamp] Fixed classic songticker not updating back to the current title (for short titles, or with auto-scroll disabled)
- [Winamp] Ignore "ELEVATECREATEPROCESS" and "#" values for the "running in admin mode" checks
- [Winamp/ml_local/pmp] Disable the Update button on Edit Metadata dialog until any changes are made
- [gen_hotkeys] auto-resize the combobox widths of the hotkeys in config (helps with lengthier translations)
- [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.32 b1213 - Fixed search delay setting not being saved
- [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.32 b1214 - Added a few more string param checks to mirror winamp changes
- [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.32 b1215 - Disabled skinned mode on lite / non-ml setups to quickly deal with reported skinning issues
- [gen_ml/ml_*] Fixed ml play & enqueue actions not showing the correct default action on different menus
- [gen_tray] Fixed bad 'Get icon packs' link in Prefs
- [gif.w5s] Fixed crash with specific gif files and color table quirks
- [in_mp3] Fixed crash on missing genre string with pledit shift+e dialog
- [ml_disc] Fixed buffer size issue + null object crash fixes from crash reports
- [ml_local] auto-resize the combobox widths on the add/edit view dialog
- [ml_local/history/pmp] Added F8 to refresh current search
- [ml_local] Fixed weird character display in EditQuery > Choose Time dialog menu
- [ml_local] Fixed .vmd path handling incorrectly dropping the initial 'm'
- [ml_online/omBrowser] Fixed lang pack issues with the custom online services support
- [ml_playlists] Fixed issue with deleting playlists via ml tree
- [ml_playlists] Fixed reported enqueue selection issues
- [ml_playlists] Remove invalid characters from playlist name on export
- [UnicodeTaskbarFix] v3.6 to fix display issues with some output plugins (e.g. out_burst.dll)
- Misc: General buffer init tweaks
- Misc: A plethora of extra param checks & various crash fixes from crash reports
- Misc: Various other tweaks/fixes/optimizations
- Lang Pack updates: General cleanups for all lang packs (removed unused hash sections, accelerator tables, dead plugins & png resources)
- Spanish & French: Fixed Accelerator tables (e.g. zxcvb keys not working) & drag+drop to Local Media views
- Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Dutch, Romanian: Fixed Drag+drop from Explorer to Local Media views
- German & Swedish: Fixed Drag+drop from Explorer to Local Media & PMP views
- German, Japanese, Polish, Russian: General updates