AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 32-bit version of Vista.
# Feature Highlights :
* AMD’s first logo certified driver for Windows 8 production featuring support for the DirectX® 11.1 and the new WDDM 1.2 driver model:
- Target-Independent Rasterization (TIR): TIR is a new rendering path that enables superior anti-aliasing in Direct3D driver applications.
- Native Stereo 3D Support: Windows 8 natively supports stereoscopic 3D gaming and videos via compatible applications.
- Unified Video API: Video playback has been integrated into the DirectX 11 API, enabling simultaneous video and gaming content. Transcoding performance may also be improved for supporting applications.
- Optimized screen rotation for rotation aware devices.
- Improved sleep/resume performance.
- Optimized GPU power consumption.
- Support for AMD features
> AMD Eyefinity
> AMD Dual Graphics / AMD CrossFire™ Technology
> AMD Overdrive
> AMD Catalyst Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center
# Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
* Over/underscan settings are correctly restored on system reboot
* SolidWorks: Graphical corruption is no longer experienced
* Crysis Warhead: No longer crashes when launched in DirectX 10 mode
* System no longer hangs when resuming from sleep mode
* Audio is no longer disabled if the connected HDTV Is switched off/on
* Enabling dual graphics mode with a HD 7000 series product no longer displays green video playback
* Call of Duty- Black Ops : No longer hangs when loading a mission in DirectX 9 mode with Crossfire enabled
* Shogun 2: Flickering text is no longer experienced
* Star Wars – The Old Republic: In game cinematics no longer experience flicker when using the arrow keys
* Dirt Showdown: 8-Ball track no longer hangs with AMD Crossfire functionality enabled
* Max Payne 3: A black screen is no longer observed when launching game in DirectX 11 mode with AMD Crossfire functionality enabled
* Max Payne 3: Applying in game settings no longer causes the game to crash