The GIMP 32-bit 2.2.15
It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.
- Full suite of painting tools including brushes, a pencil, an airbrush, cloning, etc.
- Tile-based memory management so image size is limited only by available disk space
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high-quality anti-aliasing
- Full Alpha channel support
- Layers and channels
- A procedural database for calling internal GIMP functions from external programs, such as Script-Fu
- Advanced scripting capabilities
- Multiple undo/redo (limited only by disk space)
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip
- File formats supported include GIF, JPEG, PNG, XPM, TIFF, TGA, MPEG, PS, PDF, PCX, BMP and many others
- Selection tools including rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy, bezier and intelligent
- Plug-ins that allow for the easy addition of new file formats and new effect filters
The original installer for 2.2.15 was missing libgtkhtml-2-0.dll, this has been fixed in this version.
Bugs fixed in GIMP 2.2.15
- fixed parsing of GFig files with CRLF line endings (bug #346988)
- guard against a possible stack overflow in the Sunras loader (bug #433902)
- fixed definition of datarootdir in gimptool-2.0 (bug #436386)
- fixed Perspective tool crash on Mac OS X (bug #349483)
- fixed area resizing in the Image Map plug-in (bug #439222)
- added missing library in gimptool-2.0 --libs output
- added new localizations: Occitan and Persian