Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.8 10.6.8
Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard is an upgrade to the previous version of OS X Leopard. This update does not have stacks of new features, rather overall improvements and efficiency upgrades. This version of Apple's OS also has a reduced footprint.
Key features include:
- Slimmer QuickTime Player: QuickTime X features a simplified GUI with a greater focus on codec support.
- Cocoa Based Finder: Finder has a new Cocoa Desktop Window and Contextual Menu.
- Safari Beta 4 Default Browser: Apple included a beta version of Safari 4 with Snow Leopard.
- Microsoft Exchange Server Support: Mac users can now connect to Microsoft Exchange 2007 servers via Mail, Address Book, and iCal.
- Faster Installation Time: Installing Snow Leopard on multiple machines takes approx 15 minutes in comparison to around an hour for Leopard.
If your Mac is operating at a slow pace, then for that reason alone it is worth the upgrade to OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. As far as developers are concerned, the integration of Grand Central, OpenCL and a 64 bit kernel will allow you to take full advantage of the dual processing power of Intel Macs.
We don't have any change log information yet for version 10.6.8 of Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.8. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.