Steam, the ultimate online game platform.
- Instantly access your favorite games
Over 1,100 games are available to purchase, download, and play from any computer.
- Join the Steam Community
Find someone to play with, meet up with friends, connect with groups of similar interests, and host and join chats, matches, and tournaments.
- Chat with your friends while gaming
See when your friends are online or playing games and easily join the same games together.
- Fixed error "Invalid Depot Config" while updating a game owned by multiple users on the same computer
- Improve voice chat protocol for multiple sessions
- Fixed "flushconfig" causing Steam to forget non-standard game install folders
- Fixed slow game startup when the game has many "deleted" files in the Steam Cloud
- Added preliminary support for games using the Mantle graphics API
# Big Picture
- Added ability to set the search provider used when entering text into the Web Browsers url bar, under the Interface area in Options.
- Fixed a bug where known controller bindings would sometimes not be communicated to the game when Steam started in Big Picture mode
# Steam Music Player
- Fixed saving out 'Media Keys enabled' on Windows
- Removed the setting for enabling media keys for OS X and Linux, because it is not available on these platforms
- Scanning for new music only on complete downloads, reducing the numbers of scans
- Fixed Settings > Interface > Set Taskbar Preferences
- Made usage of media keys optional, default is off
- Added plus button next to Album/Artist button to make it easier to add music
- Music scanner includes soundtracks in game directories containing "Sound Track" as name
- Fixed rare case of accidental grabbing focus on startup in 2' UI
# In-Home Streaming
- Fixed gradual framerate drop over time
- Fixed not being able to stream if you copy a Steam installation to another computer
- Fixed gamepad entry repeating quickly when running under a locale that doesn't use the decimal point character for floating point numbers
- Changed Steam Cloud file paths to be preserve case instead of converting to lowercase. This will not retroactively affect files already synced to the cloud.
- Added default controller bindings for Xbox One controllers