MediaInfo provides you with a quick access to the inner values of your audio and video files. Whether you want to glance at the set-up of tracks included in a file or you want to know all the precise details about the codecs used, MediaInfo will offer the suitable view.
You can choose between a graphical user interface to quickly select the appropriate view on the data and a command line interface to automatically retrieve and process media information in your own scripts. For these purposes, MediaInfo's views are customizable the easy way.
- Different and customizable views on media information (Text, Table, Tree Structure, HTML, XML...)
- Data Export as Text, CSV, HTML, XML...
- Graphical User Interface, Command Line Interface, DLL
- Integration in MS-Windows (Drag'n'Drop, Context menu)
- Basics: Title, Author, Director, Album, Title Nr., Date, Length...
- Video: Codec, Aspect Ratio, Frame Rate, Bit Rate...
- Audio: Codec, Sampling Rate, Channels, Languages, Bit Rate...
- Text: Language of Subtitles
- Chapters: Nr. of Chapters, Outline
Supported Formats and Containers:
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Untertitel: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
Matroska: handling of files with Tracks element after Cluster elements.
Matroska: detection of Duration tag alone and use it even if tag writing date is not there.
Matroska: mapping of colour description elements, timecode and handler name to corresponding MediaInfo fields.
WAV: too much aggressive detection of wrong 5-channel audio, now limited on AC-3 and DTS.
Transfer_characteristics and matrix_coefficients slight change in order to have them unique per ISO integer value.
EBUCore: All XML elements are correctly escaped.
PBCore: All XML elements are correctly escaped.