MediaInfo provides you with a quick access to the inner values of your audio and video files. Whether you want to glance at the set-up of tracks included in a file or you want to know all the precise details about the codecs used, MediaInfo will offer the suitable view.
You can choose between a graphical user interface to quickly select the appropriate view on the data and a command line interface to automatically retrieve and process media information in your own scripts. For these purposes, MediaInfo's views are customizable the easy way.
- Different and customizable views on media information (Text, Table, Tree Structure, HTML, XML...)
- Data Export as Text, CSV, HTML, XML...
- Graphical User Interface, Command Line Interface, DLL
- Integration in MS-Windows (Drag'n'Drop, Context menu)
- Basics: Title, Author, Director, Album, Title Nr., Date, Length...
- Video: Codec, Aspect Ratio, Frame Rate, Bit Rate...
- Audio: Codec, Sampling Rate, Channels, Languages, Bit Rate...
- Text: Language of Subtitles
- Chapters: Nr. of Chapters, Outline
Supported Formats and Containers:
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Untertitel: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
+ USAC: DRC effect types, Sample peak level, True peak level, Program loudness
+ HDR: SMPTE ST 2094 App 4 (including HDR10+) support
+ HDR: move HDR10, Dolby Vision and SL-HDR meta to specific generic "HDR Format" lines
+ Matroska: SMPTE ST 2086 (HDR10) support
+ Matroska: FieldOrder support
+ HEIF image format support
+ AV1: support of AV1 in MP4, HEIF, IVF
+ MOV: Add a lot more countries to AppleStoreCountry field internal list
+ MXF: Fix memory leak when fully parsing big file with acquisition metadata
+ HEVC: more HEVC profiles (Multiview, Scalable, Screen Content...)
+ AAC: better handling of corrupted streams
+ AAC: better handling of unknown channel layouts
+ AVC in MP4: better support of corrupted streams
x B1101, AVI: fix crash with some invalid streams
x B1101, SMPTE ST 337: fix crash with some invalid streams
x Matroska: chapters timestamp were not display if chapters have no name
x MXF: Fix false positive truncated file detection when there is no Random Index Pack
x AAC: channel layout typos (Rls instead of Lrs, Lr instead of Rb)
x ProRes: correctly show color space if alpha plane is present
x MPEG Audio: some VBR files use "Info" Xing header, so we ignore the difference between "Info" and "Xing"
x I943, MPEG-4: wrong display aspect ratio in some corner cases (32-bit release only)
x I1096, OGG: assign METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE tag to cover