MediaInfo provides you with a quick access to the inner values of your audio and video files. Whether you want to glance at the set-up of tracks included in a file or you want to know all the precise details about the codecs used, MediaInfo will offer the suitable view.
You can choose between a graphical user interface to quickly select the appropriate view on the data and a command line interface to automatically retrieve and process media information in your own scripts. For these purposes, MediaInfo's views are customizable the easy way.
- Different and customizable views on media information (Text, Table, Tree Structure, HTML, XML...)
- Data Export as Text, CSV, HTML, XML...
- Graphical User Interface, Command Line Interface, DLL
- Integration in MS-Windows (Drag'n'Drop, Context menu)
- Basics: Title, Author, Director, Album, Title Nr., Date, Length...
- Video: Codec, Aspect Ratio, Frame Rate, Bit Rate...
- Audio: Codec, Sampling Rate, Channels, Languages, Bit Rate...
- Text: Language of Subtitles
- Chapters: Nr. of Chapters, Outline
Supported Formats and Containers:
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Untertitel: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
Dolby Atmos (in E-AC-3 or TrueHD): support of bed channel count/configuration + objects count + complexity index.
AC-3/DTS/AAC: display of info about legacy decoders behavior removed.
AC-3/DTS/AAC: some changes in how format is displayed.
AC-3/DTS/AAC: better split between technical names and commercial names.
AAC: support of profile information from MP4_IOD_Tag AudioProfileLevelIndication.
USAC (xHE-AAC) support.
Audio channel layout: using a new terminology, better suited for 3D Audio, see https://mediaarea.net/AudioChannelLayout.
DSD (DSF & DSDIFF) support.
DXD (Digital eXtreme Definition) commercial name.
Dolby Vision: use new form for profile (numbers instead of acronyms).
New format "Directory" when image sequence + audio file is detected (1 directory style for the moment).
PBCore2 export update, thanks to WGBH.
MPEG-7 export update.
NISO export update.
AV1: support of AOmedia AV1 based on 1.0.0 specifications.
HEVC: better support of buggy SEI.
Support of injection of external metadata.
HTTPS: support of AWS extension "x-amz-*" in HTTPS headers, permitting to manage temporary credentials (AssumeRole).
MPEG-4, #1005: Obey edit list in QuickTime Timecode track.
MIXML: hide fields which were hidden in normal output.
Hybrid AC-3/E-AC-3 (in Blu-rays): bit rate info was wrong.
Lot of bug fixes, see full log for more info.