Virtual Serial Port Driver is a simple application that allows you to create virtual COM port pairs. Virtual serial ports created in Virtual Serial Port Driver behave as if they were real ports, so applications can communicate with each other and transfer data via virtual null-modem cable. Virtual serial ports created in Virtual Serial Port Driver also support all serial port settings, strict baud-rate emulation, HandFlow control and signal lines.
Key features include:
- Create any number of virtual COM ports.
- Complete real ports settings emulation.
- Manage all signal lines.
Virtual Serial Port Driver has a user-friendly interface that allows you to quickly create serial ports with any name you need (you are not limited to COMx names). Overall, the application provides you with lots of ways of personalizing serial ports and you can control them directly from your own application using the vspdctl.dll. It ensures a reliable data transmission speed and enables you to test or debug any software or application you need in order to locate any bugs in your code.
- Added: possibility to create ports for the current user session only. Allows RDP users to create port with the same name (e.g. COM1) in each user session.
- Added: you can enable automatic update of ports' list, thus you can see pairs created in other user sessions
- Improved: instantaneous ports creation lets working with them even before PnP manager detects the newly added ports
- Improved: ports can be deleted even if they are open by other applications
- Fixed: loopback pinout wouldn't save for a ports pair after the system reboot
- Fixed several issues: canceling IRP and timeout Read/Write operations