Optimizer for Windows is a free, portable utility to use after a clean install of Windows. It’s compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10 and can run on Windows Servers 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019 by using the unsafe switch. It also works with .NET Framework 4.5.2.
This utility helps you protect your privacy and increase overall security. Additionally, depending on your type of OS, it can allow you to perform a range of specific system tweaks. It’s similar to WinUtilities in this regard.
Optimizer allows you to disable various services like telemetry, Cortana, and automatic Windows 10 updates. It speeds up your system, increases network performance and cleans your system drive.
It will also fix registry issues and let you download useful apps all at once. The optimizer will also allow you to remove unnecessary apps that run at startup. Ping IPs, flush the DNS cache and edit your HOSTS file with this program.
The straightforward interface gives you access to various tabs, named Universal, Windows 10, UWP Apps, Cleaner, Startup, Registry, Hosts, Integrator and Options.
The Universal tab lets you optimize your system’s performance. It blocks Skype ads, disables error reporting, disables Windows Defender and more. On Windows 10, you also remove OneDrive, the Game Bar, Cortana and Xbox. It also has privacy options and tweaks not available in similar programs.
- With the PC cleaner, you can remove junk files, but you should be careful when using it because it doesn’t give any in-depth details.
- The Startup tab lets you identify programs running at startup. It gives you the option to remove them all, find them in the registry, locate a file or remove individual programs.
- HOST lets you edit and view or add to your HOSTS file.
- The unique Integrator features allow you to add or remove custom options on the right-click menu, such as programs or shortcuts to folders, links or websites.
- On the Options tab, you choose from six font colours to display on a black background.
Improve system performance
Optimizer for Windows gives you better performance and security after a clean install. It lets you tweak parts of the system, disable unnecessary options and control which programs run at startup. With the Integrator feature, you can even create custom right-click options.