mp3splt is an Open Source utility to split mp3, ogg vorbis and FLAC files without decoding. The app is very useful to split large mp3, ogg vorbis and native FLAC to make small files or to split albums to obtain original tracks.
Key Features Include:
- Split mp3, ogg vorbis and native FLAC files from a begin time to an end time without decoding.
- Recursive multiple files split.
- ID3v1 & ID3v2 tags support for mp3 files (using libid3tag), vorbis comments support.
- Split an album with splitpoints from the freedb.org server.
- Split an album with local .XMCD, .CDDB or .CUE file.
- Audacity labels file support.
- Split automatically with silence detection.
- Trim using silence detection.
- Split by a fixed time length.
- Split in equal time tracks.
- Split files created with Mp3Wrap or AlbumWrap.
- Split concatenated mp3 files.
- Support for mp3 VBR (variable bit rate).
- Specify output directory for split files.
If you want to split an album, you can select split points and filenames manually or you can get them automatically from CDDB (internet or a local file) or from .cue files. mp3splt also supports automatic silence split, which can be used also to adjust cddb/cue splitpoints. You can extract tracks from Mp3Wrap or AlbumWrap files in only a few seconds.
We don't have any change log information yet for version 2.6.2 of mp3splt. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.