JabRef is an open source graphical bibliography reference manager. The application can format bibliographies generated by LaTeX and BibTeX to suit any reference list specifications by using different style files.
Key Features Include:
- Customization of BibTeX fields.
- Customization of the JabRef interface.
- Launch external applications: PDF/PS viewers and web browsers.
- Insert citations into LyX, Kile, LatexEDitor, Emacs, Vim and WinEdt.
- BibTeX keys can be automatically generated in a customizable way from document data, e.g.using author names, title and year.
- Search Medline, CiteseerX, Google Scholar, IEEEXplore and arXiv.
- Support for XMP Metadata in PDFs.
The native file format used by JabRef is BibTeX. JabRef runs on the Java VM (version 1.6 or newer), and is also available for Linux and Mac OS X.
System Requirements: Java Virtual Machine (1.6 or newer).
BACKPORT: We use https for fetching from most online bibliographic database.
BACKPORT: We changed the minimum required version of Java to 1.8.0_171, as this is the latest release for which the automatic Java update works.
BACKPORT: We fixed an issue where custom exports could not be selected in the 'Export (selected) entries' dialog.
BACKPORT: Rewritten logic to detect a second jabref instance.