MediaInfo provides you with a quick access to the inner values of your audio and video files. Whether you want to glance at the set-up of tracks included in a file or you want to know all the precise details about the codecs used, MediaInfo will offer the suitable view.
You can choose between a graphical user interface to quickly select the appropriate view on the data and a command line interface to automatically retrieve and process media information in your own scripts. For these purposes, MediaInfo's views are customizable the easy way.
- Different and customizable views on media information (Text, Table, Tree Structure, HTML, XML...)
- Data Export as Text, CSV, HTML, XML...
- Graphical User Interface, Command Line Interface, DLL
- Integration in MS-Windows (Drag'n'Drop, Context menu)
- Basics: Title, Author, Director, Album, Title Nr., Date, Length...
- Video: Codec, Aspect Ratio, Frame Rate, Bit Rate...
- Audio: Codec, Sampling Rate, Channels, Languages, Bit Rate...
- Text: Language of Subtitles
- Chapters: Nr. of Chapters, Outline
Supported Formats and Containers:
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Untertitel: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
- Switched to a BSD-2-Clause license
- LXF: AFD (from ancillary stream) support
- Detection of some side car files and showing them as a single package (optional)
- MOV: more channel positions information
- TTML: detection
- SAMI: detection
- ID3: updated list of genres, thanks to Mats
- .so: search a local copy of the library before trying default path
- AVI: Support of Adobe PARf (Aspect Ratio) chunk
- VC-3: Scan order
- Flac/Ogg DISCTOTAL metadata support, thanks to Kurtnoise
- MOV, add Hap Video to the database, thanks to Kurtnoise
- Matroska, add VP9 to the database, thanks to Kurtnoise
- FLV, add HEVC detection in the FLV parser
- MOV, tref/chap handling, with chapters information, thanks to Kurtnoise
- MOV, HEVC/H265 detection and basic support, thanks to Kurtnoise
- PMP format detection
- MPEG-TS, HEVC/H265 support
- 16:10 DAR known value
- MPEG-4/MOV, crash with some truncated/invalid files
- MPEG-4/MOV: crash with files having moof atom and no moov atom
- Inconsistent hang with buffer API
- MediaInfoDLL.py MediaInfoList was not working, thanks to Elbenfreund
- XML: dt:dt is replaced by dt (for binary data)
- MXF: Dolby E streams starting only at the second or third frame were not well detected
- MPEG-4/MOV: reducing analysis time for I-frame only video streams
- CEA-708: weird behavior phantom streams are displayed) in case of buggy CEA-708
- AVI: crash with audio delay and AvgBytesPerSec of 0
- Wrong demuxing of the caption stream in the case of AVC streams without frame_mbs_only_flag but having 2 fields in one slice.
- DPX: parsing was very slow with a sequence of files.
- MXF: Pre-charge duration was not read, time code of the first frame was wrong if "Origin" is not 0
- FLV: file was sometimes (e.g. most of the file padded with zeroes) fully parsed
- VC-3: Using values from specifications (based on compression ID) instead of SBD/SST/SPL/APLF from bitstream
- mediainfo-qt doesn't build