The free video editor Avidemux comes with a well selected feature set to get your cutting, filtering and encoding tasks done. It reads and writes many file types (AVI, DVD, MPEG, MP4, ASF, MKV) and comes with a variety of common codecs and filters. Avidemux automates your tasks by creating projects and putting them into the job queue.
- Non-linear video editing
- Apply filters and effects
- Transcode into various formats
- Insert or extract audio streams
- Subtitle processor
- Project system
- Powerful scripting capabilities
- Graphical or command line interfaces
- Video encoders: MPEG-4 AVC, XviD, MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-2 Video, MPEG-1 Video, DV, ...
- Audio encoders: AC-3, AAC, MP3, MP2, Vorbis, PCM, ...
- Container: AVI, MPEG-PS/TS, MP4, MKV, FLV, OGM, ...
Core:FFmpeg switched to the 3.3.x branch.
Editing:Fixed frame computation bug that led to bad cutting.
win32:Put log files into the local folder.
Jobs:Fix name of the executable search.
UI:Steplessly zoom paused video when the window is resized.
UI:Added Ctrl+Shift+C shortcut to copy the current PTS to clipboar.
Filter:eq2: UI improvements.
Decoding:Fix VP9 decoding.
Filter:Using rubber bands for crop too.
Build:Redone packaging on macOS.
Decoding:HEVC decoding via DXVA2 blacklisted on win32, active on win64.
New Filter:ADM ivtc.
Audio:Distinguish between AC3 and EAC3 when importing.