Zoom Player Home 8.11
What Is the FileHippo Safety Guarantee?
# New :
* The Equalizer fullscreen navigation interface usage framework has changed. The new design is simpler and easier than ever:
- Simply scroll up/down to reach a setting you would like to modify.
- Notice the Plus/Minus icons on the right hand side.
- The active icon is opaque and the inactive icon is transparent.
- Moving right/left switches the active state between addition and subtraction whilst Enter performs the action.
- New reset and enabled/disabled icons are displayed next to their corresponding action for additional clarity.
* The fusion skin's control bar now supports brightness, contrast and saturation adjustments.
* New Setting "Adv. Options / Interface" that controls whether the player's user interface is restored when loading new content while the player is minimized.
* New Setting "Adv. Options / Interface" that controls whether the player interface is brought on top of all other windows when switching to fullscreen. In previous versions, this feature was always enabled, but since it can cause conflicts with MadVR and there's no real benefit keeping this feature enabled for everyone. It is now disabled by default.
* New Setting "Adv. Options / Playback / Smart Play" that when enabled, all graph creation error messages are saved to a log file.
* New Setting "Adv. Options / Playback / Control" that specifies that the Frame Advance code uses an alternative method of seeking. The default method is using DirectShow's "IVideoFrameStep" interface, The alternative method is by guesstimating the frame and performing a direct seek (the same method always used by the previous frame function).
* New Setting "Adv. Options / Playback / Video" that controls whether The Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) should permit dyanmic aspect ratio changes (usually triggered by clips captures from live TV where the content can switch from 4:3 to 16:9 dynamically).
- In v8.0, the default value was disabled (Dynmaic AR changes disabled).
- In v8.1, the default value was enabled (Dynmaic AR changes enabled).
* The last play position is now saved automatically when the internal screen saver becomes active.
# Changes :
* The navigation icons are now scaled "on-demand" and the result is cached to improve performance. Some of the fullscreen navigation interfaces may open a bit faster thanks to this enhancement.
* The right-click "Stream Selection sub-menu now lists audio tracks even if there is only one track available.
* The information dialog's ("I" keyboard macro) format section now clearly labels the source, splitter, audio and video decoders used.
* Scene-cut files saved for read-only media now use both the file name and date in order to distinguish between two media files of the same name, an increasing issue when playing blu-ray disc images.
# Fixes :
* The update message notifying you of a new Zoom Player version or new updates on the install center could appear behind the user interface if the user interface was set to 'Stay On Top'.
* Saving scene-cut files for read-only media other than DVDs was broken.
* External subtitle files with unicode file names were not listed with their proper name (either an empty line would be listed or '????' would appear instead of the actual subtitle file name.
* When using FFDShow as the subtitle renderer and playing a media file with external audio track, the external audio tracks would get listed as subtitle track by ffdshow, breaking the 'cycle subtitle track' feature.
* Closing the navigation interfaces automatically after a specified number of seconds would cause the navigation interfaces to close even if remote control commands were received.
* When the "Playing new content moves the player window to the top" setting was enabled with MadVR as the video renderer, pressing play/pause caused MadVR to lose exclusive mode for a split second.
* Switching to Audio Mode now hides the clock display.
* Changing the volume level through the Equalizer fullscreen navigation interface did not always update the skin volume widget.
* Changing the volume level through the player user interface while the Equalizer fullscreen navigation interface was visible did not update the equalizer navigation volume values.
* Drag & Scroll was broken in the Equalizer preset list.
* Fixed a crash when trying to close Zoom Player if the clock display and screen saver were active at the same time.
* The information dialog's ("I" keyboard macro) format section did not include the splitter used for the playing media.
* Running the Install Center with no internet connection would show three error messages instead of one.
* Message dialogs could appear with the mouse cursor hidden, making it more difficult to dismiss them.
* When using a language file, the default LIRC function type wasn't selected.
* Cosmetical glitches in the options dialog search function.