MediaInfo provides you with a quick access to the inner values of your audio and video files. Whether you want to glance at the set-up of tracks included in a file or you want to know all the precise details about the codecs used, MediaInfo will offer the suitable view.
You can choose between a graphical user interface to quickly select the appropriate view on the data and a command line interface to automatically retrieve and process media information in your own scripts. For these purposes, MediaInfo's views are customizable the easy way.
- Different and customizable views on media information (Text, Table, Tree Structure, HTML, XML...)
- Data Export as Text, CSV, HTML, XML...
- Graphical User Interface, Command Line Interface, DLL
- Integration in MS-Windows (Drag'n'Drop, Context menu)
- Basics: Title, Author, Director, Album, Title Nr., Date, Length...
- Video: Codec, Aspect Ratio, Frame Rate, Bit Rate...
- Audio: Codec, Sampling Rate, Channels, Languages, Bit Rate...
- Text: Language of Subtitles
- Chapters: Nr. of Chapters, Outline
Supported Formats and Containers:
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Untertitel: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
- MXF: forcing detection of MPEG Video in case EssenceCompression is not present but MPEG2VideoDescriptor is present
- GXF: detection of some captions and time codes event if they are not present at the beginning of the file (testing middle of the file)
- DASH MPD: basic support
- HDS F4M (Flash Media Manifest): basic support
- DCP AssetMap (AM), PackageList (PKL) and CompositionPlaylist (CPL): basic support
- IMF AssetMap (AM), PackageList (PKL) and CompositionPlaylist (CPL): basic support
- Mac dylib: looking for the dylib in @executable_path and CFBundleCopyExecutableURL dir
- AAC: option for instantaneous bitrate in fast detect mode (MediaInfoLib only)
- FTP (custom builds only): support of UTF-8 file names
- Colour description: colour_description_present added, better separation between bitstream values and container values
- MPEG-4: RLE, color space and bit depth
- Law rating: support of CEA-608 XDS Content Advisory in MPEG-PS, MPEG-Ts, LXF, GXF
- MPEG-4/MOV: Bug found in one file, sample size is 16 with a 32-bit CodecID ("fl32"), correcting the output of MediaInfo
- AVI: AVI can use negative height for raw to signal that it's coded top-down, not bottom-up
- MPEG-TS: crash with some files having PAT/PMT change between begin and end of the file
- PBCore 1.2: some fields were not in the right order
- some humain readable strings were not removed when the corresponding field is removed
- MPEG-4/QuickTime: Erratic appereance of Bitrate Mode
- setlocale() remove from DLL
- DVCPRO HD: streams can be 8 or 10 bit, removing hard coded value from DV parser (MXF header value is used instead when applicable)
- wrong demux of some E-AC-3 streams
- AAC: detection of HE-AACv2 was missing if the library is configured with fast detection
- MPEG Video: wrong computing of duration of raw stream in case of drop frame time code
- Automation, StreamKind type was set to integer, it is text
- MPEG-4: was reading lot of useless bytes from disk when the raw stream format is not known
- AVI: crash with some malformed text streams
- Reference/playlist files were not supported from FTP (custom builds only)
- MPEG-4/MOV: ScanOrder was using "stored" value instead of "displayed" value
- MXF: Detection of Dolby E was not working in some cases (regression in 0.7.62)
- MPEG-4/MOV: freeze with some files having mono 32-bit PCM