Fraps is a universal Windows application that can be used with all games using DirectX or OpenGL technology. In its current form Fraps performs many tasks and can best be described as:
Benchmarking Software - See how many Frames Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. Perform custom benchmarks and measure the frame rate between any two points. Save the statistics out to disk and use them for your own reviews and applications.
Screen Capture Software - Take a screenshot with the press of a key! There's no need to paste into a paint program every time you want to capture the screen. Your screen captures are also automatically named and timestamped.
Realtime Video Capture Software - Have you ever wanted to record video while playing your favourite game? Come join the Machinima revolution! Throw away the VCR, forget about using a DV cam, game recording has never been this easy! Fraps can capture audio and video up to 1152x864 and 100 frames per second! All movies are recorded in outstanding quality.
Fraps has support for Vista and DirectX 10 games. Since the Vista Desktop Window Manager (DWM) runs through DirectX you can now take screenshots and record video from the desktop just like any other game or 3D application in Vista.
- Fixed missing audio in Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas
- Fixed benchmarks not being written to benchmark folder
- Fixed loading crash when attempting to start Fraps
- Fixed stalling/stuttering after first 4 gig AVI segment
- Fixed mouse cursor image/transparency corruption
- Fixed mouse cursor offset in some applications
- Fixed crash when recording above 1920x1200 for some users
- Fixed crash after stopping video capture in Windows 2000
- Fixed crash in some DirectX10 applications
- Fixed random windows crashes with fraps.dll
- Fixed missing systray icon if explorer restarts
- Fixed frapsvid.dll and frapsv64.dll crashes when importing/playing video
- Fixed Run Fraps when Windows starts option
- Fixed Starcraft stalling during video capture
- Fixed limited CPU affinity of main Fraps process
- Fixed yellow corruption displayed in Plants vs Zombies
- Fixed capture speed of many older DDRAW games