Task Coach is an easy to use, free, open source task manager. In addition to being able to accomplish flexible composite tasks, Task Coach can also be configured to include other activities that are often associated with to do's, such as prioritizing, effort tracking, category tags, budgets, notes, and many other features.
The app works well with third party clients and you can export data to XML or HTML if you require. Task Coach can be customized to your style and requirements and can be made as simple or as complex as you need it to be.
Key Features Include:
- Tasks have a subject, description, priority, start date, due date, a completion date and an optional reminder. Tasks can recur on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Creating, editing, and deleting tasks and subtasks.
- Tasks can be viewed as a list or as a tree.
- Tasks can be created by dragging an e-mail message from a mail client, like Outlook, Thunderbird, Claws Mail, Apple Mail, onto a task viewer.
- Simple user interface.
- The Task Coach file format (.tsk) is XML.Tasks, notes, effort, and categories can be exported to HTML and CSV (comma separated format). Effort can be exported to iCalendar/ICS format as well.
System requirements: Mac OS X Leopard/10.5 (Universal) and newer.
Unfortunately, as Task Coach is actively developed, the developer team are working on new features regularly. This means that Task Coach does contain a few bugs. This being the case, the developers do advise you to make backups of your work regularly.
Task Coach is also available for Windows and GNU/Linux. There is also a companion iOS app.