Sweet Home 3D 5.7
Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application that can help you design and plan your house, office, workspace, garage, studio or almost any other building you can think of. There are some really good features to Sweet Home 3D, such as the ability to place furniture within a 2D plan and view it in a 3D preview.
- Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions via mouse or keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan and Sweet Home 3D will compute wall holes.
- Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog.
- Change color, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
- Design the home in 2D and simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines and texts.
- Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
- Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java.
- Multi language support: 25 languages.
Overall, Sweet Home 3D is a great application for getting started with 3D design. It is easy to use and has an intuitive user interface. The 3D walkarounds are excellent and there is lots of furniture to choose from. You can even create rounded rooms! The application also has a nice auto recovery feature in case Sweet Home 3D crashes.
Added a preview component to file choosers used to select an image.
Managed user defined furniture properties added to catalogs read by Sweet Home 3D and read/saved by Furniture Library Editor.
Fixed the visibility of horizontally rotated objects at upper levels.
Fixed a bug that prevented to group unresizable furniture or read a SH3D file saved with a previous version which contained such objects.
Fixed the size in the plan of a copied-pasted object which is horizontally rotated.
Fixed the display of furniture catalog and furniture list when scrolling under Mac OS X 10.13 with Java 6.
Fixed Window menu management under Mac OS X with Java 8.
Replaced JRE 8u152 by JRE 8u162 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java.
Converted CVS repository on SourceForge.net to SVN (sorry for the dead links to sweethome3d.cvs.sf.net server that this change implies).
Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.