Spamihilator works between your E-Mail client and the Internet and examines every incoming E-Mail. Useless spam mails (Junk) will be filtered out. This process runs completely in the background.
The Learning Filter (Bayesian Filter) uses the rules of Thomas Bayes (English mathematician, 18th century) and calculates a certain Spam-Probability for every E-Mail. You can train this filter! So it will know your messages even better than you. Hence the recognition rate will continuously increase.
The program works with almost every E-Mail client, such as Outlook 2000/XP/2003/Express, Eudora, Mozilla Thunderbird, IncrediMail, Pegasus Mail, Phoenix Mail, Opera, etc... It supports POP and IMAP accounts, as well as secure connections.
Spam Recognition Filters:
- The Learning Filter recognizes more than 98% of all incoming spam mails. Use the Training Area, to increase the recognition rate continuously.
- You can also specify certain words, that often appear in spam mails. The Spam-Word-Filter will look for these words.
- The Link Filter searches incoming messages for links to spam websites.
- The DCC-Filter connects with the DCC Network to recognize unsolicited bulk mail.
The new Spamihilator version 0.9.9.42 has just been released. This version fixes a few minor bugs. Installing the new version is recommended for all users.
Spamihilator 0.9.9.42 also includes a new filter, which searches incoming messages for links to spam websites! The so-called Link Filter is able to learn! Please use the Training Area frequently to make sure the filterâ€™s recognition rate stays at a high level. More information about the Link Filter can be found in the Spamihilator Wiki.
This is the complete list of changes:
* New Link Filter!
* The performance of the Training Area and the Recycle Bin has been increased (especially when displaying more than 1000 messages).
* The usability of the Training Area and the Recycle Bin has been improved. In particular it is now possible to switch between these two windows by a small button in the menu bar, even under Windows Vista.
* A bug in the HTML mail parser has been fixed. This increases the recognition rate of all filters.
* Fixed IMAP SEARCH command
* Two bugs in the mail date parser have been fixed.
* A visualization bug in the about dialog has been fixed.
* The setup procedure and the uninstaller have been improved.
* The DCC Filter and the zlib library have been updated.