MobaXterm is a complete toolbox for remote computing. The application is an enhanced terminal for Windows with an X11 server, a tabbed SSH client and several other network tools for remote computing (VNC, RDP, telnet, rlogin). MobaXterm has the essential Unix commands for Windows desktop, in a single portable exe file.
Key Features Include:
- Free X server fully configured (based on Xorg).
- Tabbed terminal based on PuTTY / MinTTY with antialiased fonts and macro support.
- Easy DISPLAY exportation from any remote host.
- X11-Forwarding capability in OpenSSH.
- Several Unix/Linux commands based on Cygwin (rsync, wget, sed, awk, grep, cd, ls, cat, cp).
- A session manager with all the network clients you need: RDP, VNC, SSH, telnet, rsh, FTP, SFTP and XDMCP.
- Program without installation that you can start from an USB stick.
- Light and portable application, packaged in a single executable.
Improvement: when SSH-browser is disabled, remote-monitoring feature is now also disabled, in order to avoid issues on Cisco routers.
Improvement: the experimental CygUtils64 plugin can be used with MobaXterm.
Bugfix: fixed the "live-unpack" mechanism for local terminal plugins - some plugins were not working properly in "installed mode" or when using "persistent root".
Bugfix: fixed some issues with X server detection which led to the "X" icon to stay red whereas X11 server was started.
Bugfix: fixed some issues with "Follow terminal folder" when remote monitoring was enabled.