ExtraBits is a free* extension for the File Explorer app, which comes built into Windows. This was previously called Windows Explorer in earlier versions of Windows.
Main commands include:
- Copy Filenames. This action copies the names of the selected files or folders to the Windows clipboard.
- Copy Filename with options. This action creates a dialog, which allows you to set what file attributes are copied.
- Paste Filename. This action renames a file or folder with the text located on the clipboard.
- Multi Rename. This action allow you to rename numerous files and folders simultaneously.
- Extract Folder. This action moves all the files and subfolders out of a selected folder, and proceeds to delete the empty folder.
- Delete Empty Folders. This action scans the selected folder for any empty folders, and lets you delete them.
- Configure ExtraBits. This action allow you to configure which of the ExtraBits commands are shown, and how they are shown; either in the ExtraBits sub-menu, or in the main context menu.
Where ExtraBits comes into its own, is it adds a number of commands to the context menu, which reduces the time taken on normal file and folder operations. Overall, it is a real time saver, if you use the context menu regularly.
*ExtraBits is free for non-commercial use with a limit of 100 selected files or folders.