ExtraBits is a free* extension for the File Explorer app, which comes built into Windows. This was previously called Windows Explorer in earlier versions of Windows.
Main commands include:
- Copy Filenames. This action copies the names of the selected files or folders to the Windows clipboard.
- Copy Filename with options. This action creates a dialog, which allows you to set what file attributes are copied.
- Paste Filename. This action renames a file or folder with the text located on the clipboard.
- Multi Rename. This action allow you to rename numerous files and folders simultaneously.
- Extract Folder. This action moves all the files and subfolders out of a selected folder, and proceeds to delete the empty folder.
- Delete Empty Folders. This action scans the selected folder for any empty folders, and lets you delete them.
- Configure ExtraBits. This action allow you to configure which of the ExtraBits commands are shown, and how they are shown; either in the ExtraBits sub-menu, or in the main context menu.
Where ExtraBits comes into its own, is it adds a number of commands to the context menu, which reduces the time taken on normal file and folder operations. Overall, it is a real time saver, if you use the context menu regularly.
*ExtraBits is free for non-commercial use with a limit of 100 selected files or folders.
We don't have any change log information yet for version 1.9 of ExtraBits. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.