Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition has been designed from ground up towards enabling you to do whatever you enjoy doing most with your computer, while staying 100% safe from e-threats.
Bitdefender uses its own proprietary technologies, while also improving on basic ones which it then integrates for maximum protection.
- Real-time Shield - The real time shield is designed to protect access to the entire system. This means that files are scanned as they are accessed or copied. For example, the files you just downloaded from the Internet are scanned immediately.
- Active Virus Control - Active Virus Control is an innovative proactive detection technology that is able to detect new potential threats for which default protection has not yet been released, very fast and accurately, thus providing an essential protection layer.
- Intrusion Detection System - This technology makes sure that applications trying to access the Internet or the network are not masked e-threats, by marking them whenever its behavior is suspect and by stopping them if the score becomes high.
- B-Have - B-HAVE proactively detects unknown threats that other products miss by analyzing applications behavior in a safe environment. If no malicious actions are detected, B-HAVE starts the program normally; otherwise, it will automatically quarantine or delete it.
- HTTP Scanning - Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition also scans all the links you are accessing from your browser, checking them for various scams or credit card phishing attempts and blocking them when they are unsafe.
- Anti-rootkit - This technology is used to scan and block rootkits, a stealthy type of software, often malicious, designed to hide the existence of certain processes or programs from normal methods of detection and enable continued privileged access to a computer.
We don't have any change log information yet for version 18.104.22.1689 of Bitdefender Antivirus. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.