SpiderOak combines online backup, secure file sync and easy sharing in a cloud based service. Desktop clients are available for Windows, Mac OS X and multiple Linux distributions. Several gigabyte of free storage become available after account creation and can be upgraded to a 100+ GB for a monthly or yearly fee. SpiderOak consolidates several functionalities into one tool: free online backup, remote access, synchronization, sharing and storage. Data backups can run from local hard-drives as well as network drives, USB keys, external drives, CD/DVDs and other storage media. In order to prevent 3rd party access, all data is stored encrypted and transferred encrypted via a secure SSL connection. All of these features are available for both the free and the subscription service.
- Fixed bug causing synchronizations to not work correctly under Windows XP in certain situations
- Re-built the Windows installation file as MSI for greater flexibility and installation user management
- Fixed bug causing recycle bin downloads to fail
- Fixed bug causing custom download locations for file-restores not to work correctly
- Fixed bug causing un-installation to require reboot under Windows