SpiderOak combines online backup, secure file sync and easy sharing in a cloud based service. Desktop clients are available for Windows, Mac OS X and multiple Linux distributions. Several gigabyte of free storage become available after account creation and can be upgraded to a 100+ GB for a monthly or yearly fee. SpiderOak consolidates several functionalities into one tool: free online backup, remote access, synchronization, sharing and storage. Data backups can run from local hard-drives as well as network drives, USB keys, external drives, CD/DVDs and other storage media. In order to prevent 3rd party access, all data is stored encrypted and transferred encrypted via a secure SSL connection. All of these features are available for both the free and the subscription service.
- Fix: dir-watcher didn't stop on Ubuntu 13.10
- Fix: Don't minimize the About dialog when launch minimized option is in effect.
- Fix: Restoring resource forks on Mac sometimes failed.
- Fix: windows_dir_watcher didn't handle long paths.
- Fix: sending links to Metro Mail Application.
- Blue Fix: read default option only for new devices.