What Is the FileHippo Safety Guarantee?
Kevin: This release is mainly a bug-fix release. It solves a few
known crashes and updates some of our artwork. Google's Summer of
code recently finished up. Some of our students are still working
on their branches and none have been merged into released code yet.
Look for some of those results to show up in Pidgin releases over the
Elliott: I'm just commenting so Kevin wouldn't be the only one in NEWS
and no-one else seems to want to. Anyway, there's a couple MSN login
fixes, so try it out. The contact list problems might still be around,
but you can probably find a workaround in trac. And there's a tooltip
fix for our AIM friends, not that I had anything to do with it (except
closing many many duplicate tickets).
version 2.5.1 (08/30/2008):
* In the Join/Part plugin, add the ability to apply the rules to
buddies. By default, joins and parts for buddies are still shown.
* Support SOCKS proxies specified in GNOME or Windows proxy settings.
* Fix some possible crashes in MSNP15.
* Enable a default SSL trust relationship for MSN servers.
* Avoid disconnecting from XMPP servers on parse errors that are
* Include some perl files that were mistakenly omitted in 2.5.0.
* Prevent use of custom smilies without "shortcuts."
* Fix a crash that could appear with AIM buddy tooltips.
* General refresh of many icons in the interface.
* Many cleanups to artwork source are now included in the distribution.
* A new "throbber" animation has been added to indicate when accounts