# New translations available in Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 include:
* British English
# Updated translations available in Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 include:
# Important bug fixes have been made in these areas:
* "quickstarter" problems
* extension cleanup
* auto update check now re-enabled by default
* "undo" issues in Calc
* "redo" issues in Calc
* "freeze" problem with Calc and Writer when LanguageTool is installed
* non-detection of java. "Oracle" as a java provider was added to aid in JVM identification. Previously, the vendor was Sun.
# Performance Improvements/Enhancements
* Cleanup of temporary areas used by extensions installations. This will reduce the per-user disk footprint for multi-user installations.
* Keeping only one English dictionary for US-en installations instead of 5. This will save user space. Users will be able to add other English dictionaries (Canadian, Australian, New Zealand) as desired
* Hunspell library upgraded to version 1.3.2 from 1.2.9. This version contains several improvements especially for Dutch, German and other Germanic languages with extended compound word usage.
# Microsoft Windows 8 Compatibility
* With this release we have tested with Windows 8. So far it looks good. We are in the process of going through the official Windows 8 Certification checklist and some minor issues still remain.