FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
* New Feature: New simplified, more responsive, faster user interface.
* New Feature: Audio player can detect Facebook and Twitter urls inside .mp3 ID3 Tags to display Facebook and Twitter icons of the the corresponding artists.
* fwplayer.exe improved unicode and HLS (Http Live Streaming) support.
* New Feature: Change font size with Ctrl/Cmd + '+', Ctrl/Cmd + '-'.
* New Feature: Close search tabs with Ctrl/Cmd + 'w'.
* New Feature: Switch search tabs with Ctrl+Tab, Ctrl+Shift+Tab
* New Feature: Switch search tabs with Cmd+Shift+[, Cmd+Shift+]
* New Feature: Search engines can be disabled in global options.
* Improved and optimized table rendering for search results and library files.
* Refreshed presentation of search results.
* New splash screen format.
* Fixed issue related to smart search configuration.
* Fixed NPE that would cause library table rendering issues.
* Fixed NPE while searching in starred.
* Fixed popup menu in search result displayer.
* Fixed DnD between playlists (some inconsistencies with order index).
* All FrostWire libraries now come in a single FrostWire.jar file.
* Major cleanup of the FrostWire code base.