FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
- New: â€œTools > Refresh Connectionsâ€. A network of FrostWire Sentinels maintains a list of reliable nodes that can be used to bootstrap your connection.
- FrostWire IP BlackList technology updated to get rid of over 70% of spam and fakes (thanks Aaron.Walkhouse).
- Update: latest UPnP code merged from LimeWire Codebase for better connectivity.
- Update: Network core more efficient and stable thanks to the latest Apache HttpComponents (httpcore-4.0.1 and httpclient-4.0)
- Update: Random Splash Screens. Now showing different community submitted Splash Screens to spread the FrostWire culture.
- Update: The Chat Server is now a parameter on frostwire.props.
- Fix: Connection Doctor addresses more connection bootstrapping issues.