FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
* Noticeable improvements in CPU performance.
* Noticeable improvements in search result quality.
* Updated TPB search to support magnet link search results.
* Added UT_METADATA extension to Vuze Core for improved magnet link support.
* Upgraded Lucene library to v3.5.0.
* Upgraded H2 to v1.3.164.
* When browsing FrostWire for Android devices (0.9.6+), date added and date modified fields are available on all file types.