AMD Catalyst Drivers XP 7.7
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 32-bit version of Windows XP and 2003
The Catalyst" software suite 7.7 contains the following:
* Radeon" display driver 8.391
* Multimedia Center" 9.16
* HydraVision" Basic Edition
* Remote Wonder 3.04
* WDM Driver Install Bundle
* Southbridge/IXP Driver
* Catalyst" Control Center Version 7.7
This section provides information on new features introduced in this release of the Catalyst" software suite. These include:
* New Catalyst" Control Center Avivo features
* 12X and 24X Anti-Aliasing support for the ATI Radeon" HD 2900 XT and ATI Radeon" HD 2600 Series
New Catalyst" Control Center Avivo features
Catalyst" 7.7 releases a number of new Avivo features and enhancements which optimize video playback and display configuration. These include
* Enhanced video color pages with two new color controls1: flesh tone correction and color vibrance
* Enhanced video quality pages with easier to use deinterlacing controls and layout
* Simplified Theater Mode2 controls, layout and now supporting Windows Vista
* Enhanced quick settings for video controls (available through the basic layout in Catalyst" Control Center)
* Easy to use display scaling controls2 when outputting to display devices that support TV timings (480i/p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p) through either digital (DVI or HDMI) or analog (component) interfaces
1These features are only available on the ATI Radeon" HD 2000 series using Windows Vista.
2These features are only available on the ATI Radeon" X1000 series and HD 2000 series
12x and 24x Anti-Aliasing support for the ATI Radeon" HD 2900 XT and ATI Radeon" HD 2600 Series
This release of Catalyst" introduces support for 12X and 24X Anti-Aliasing for the ATI Radeon" HD 2900 XT, and ATI Radeon" HD 2600 Series. These new Anti-Aliasing settings are available through the new Anti-Aliasing Edge Detect Filter. Selecting 4X Anti-Aliasing plus selecting the Edge Detect filter deliver the equivalent of 12X Anti-Aliasing. Selecting 8X Anti-Aliasing plus selecting the Edge Detect filter deliver the equivalent of 24X Anti-Aliasing.
The ATI Radeon" HD2400, HD2600 and HD2900 (single and CrossFire") can see performance improvements of 13.2% or more in various Far Cry maps.