Steganography is the science and art of hiding communications. Classical steganography systems depend on keeping the encoding system secret, but modern steganography is detectable only if secret information is known, e.g. a secret key.
Outguess is an advanced Stegonagraphy tool. The app will hide your file inside the picture of your choice in easy steps.
To hide a file within an image:
- Select your image (container) and a file to hide (content).
- Write a key in the preferences (used to hide data).
- Click "hide data" to hide your file within your image.
To extract the previously saved hidden files:
- Select an Outguess image in the extract panel.
- Write the correct key in the extract panel.
- Click extract.
OutGuess works by preserving statistics based on frequency counts. The result is no known statistical test is able to detect the presence of steganographic content. Before embedding data into an image, OutGuess determines the maximum message size that can be hidden in JPEG formats whilst still being able to maintain statistics based on frequency counts.