UltraDefrag is a powerful disk defragmentation tool for Windows. It is the first open source defragmenter with full support of system locked files defragmentation. Actually all files including registry hives and paging file can be processed by UltraDefrag during the Windows boot process.
- Boot Time Defragmentation: This feature provides an ability to defragment any system files. Including page file, registry hives, hiberfil.sys file and many other files locked by the system or other applications when windows is fully running.
- Fast Disk Optimization: The optimizer rearranges all data and places them to the beginning of the drive. In many instances we have found, that the system is more stable and performs a lot better under load, if data is placed at the beginning of the drive.
- Single File and Folder Defragmentation: After UltraDefrag is installed you have the ability to select any file or folder and deframent it. This option is mostly useful, if you have recently installed an application or a game and would like to have it defragmented immediately for maximum performance.
This is the 32-bit version.
* Progress is now added to the GUI window caption, so it is displayed in the tooltip of the taskbar icon.
* Cryptic single character progress label was replaced by the localized operation names.
* Partial defragmentation was added to decrease the number of fragments even when there is no free space on disk to concatenate all fragments of the file.
* Volume optimization algorithm was improved to prevent useless additional optimization passes.
* One little bug preventing optimization from being stopped was fixed.
* Volume optimization algorithm was improved to prevent skipping heavily fragmented parts of the volume.
# Boot time interface:
* call, man, type commands added to the boot time shell.
* echo, exit, pause, set commands improved.
* History of commands typed in interactive mode added. Use arrow keys for navigation.
* Escape key handler added to break boot time script execution and fall into interactive mode immediately.
* Pending boot-off boot time script command support added, this removes the limitation of boot-on/off not working before reboot/shutdown.
* Clearing of the failed boot flag added for reboot and shutdown at boot time.
* 10 seconds delay is skiped on boot time scan, if only one keyboard is present.
# Command line interface:
* Corrected cluttered progress display if console output was redirected.
* Added language selector to the GUI package.
* Hindi translation was added.
* The following translations were updated: Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish.