With Nitro Pro you can open, review, covert and create PDF files. It also comes with stacks of features that make Nitro Pro one of the better PDF applications out there. You can comment, review, and collaborate all your work. It lets you fill and save PDF forms, and extract text and images. Nitro Pro also has support for QuickSign, to electronically sign and return your documents in seconds.
Key features include:
- Create universally compatible PDFs: Generate 100% industry-standard PDF and PDF/A files compatible with Adobe Acrobat.
- Convert PDF files with ease: Convert PDF files into Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint files, or create PDFs directly from Office.
- Edit PDFs: Manipulate text, change fonts, customize layouts and more. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) lets you turn scanned documents and images into searchable and editable PDF files.
- Review PDFs with collaborators: markup and revision tools that ensure accurate version control.
- Sign PDFs with security: Sign and certify documents while keeping your work secure, which means your confidential information remains private.
- Integrate PDFs with cloud: With Nitro Cloud's eSignature and workflow management, you can reduce document turnaround time.
Overall, Nitro Pro contains all the tools that you will require for working with PDF documents. It comes with an in-built conversion tool, advanced reviewing tools, the ability to create new PDF documents, advanced security features and even OCR. That being said, the application is not very configurable and although it does have an excellent selection of features and a good help section, the lack of these options lets Nitro Pro down somewhat.
System Tray Application
This release introduces the System Tray App, a new feature giving users a shortcut to perform certain Nitro actions. The System Tray App is for Online customers only, and will be automatically installed during the Nitro Pro installation process. From the app, users can:
See a list of recent documents and open them in Nitro Pro.
Quickly access Nitro help
Launch Nitro Cloud from within the System Tray App
Nitro Pro has an issue with annotations, and in some cases the following actions have resulted in Nitro Pro crashing:
Adding an annotation and then immediately using the 'undo' function
Deleting an annotation that contains a reply