Spybot Search and Destroy 22.214.171.124 RC1
Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies.
If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware.
Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.
Spybot-S&D can also clean usage tracks, an interesting function if you share your computer with other users and don't want them to see what you have been working on. And for professional users, Spybot-S&D allows you to fix some registry inconsistencies and extended reports.
* On Windows 95 B (not C) with old libraries, the background color "info background" (usually a light yellow) is not known, this crashes RichEdit controls. Either fix or MS update required.
* TeaTimer might crash after second change.
* The new Easter Egg might cause some endless brain loop, should you encounter two 4s, the first one is a 5 (can't tell more obviously :-D ).
* Buttons on IE plugin dialog do vanish when resizing updater dialog.
* /allhives should inform the user he better should run as admin if he does not, since loading remote hives needs admin rights.
* SDHelper page display problems when starting up with multiple tabs on IE7
* SpybotSD.exe /autoupdate should pass parameters to SDUpdate.exe and wait for its return.
* Automatically close SDUpdate.exe after messagebox that no updates are available.
* IE Plugin menu item might not appear on Vista+IE7 (workaround: type about:sdhelper; fix: installer updated)
* Installer didn't show all buttons in some of the new (46) languages (now defaults to english).
* Usage tracks didn't show up.
* Added "Back to mirror list" to updater (was only in context menu).
* Installer will no longer overwrite old Ignore lists.
* Changes to settings tree saved immediately now.
* TeaTimer did not see all 64 bit applications.
* Process list did not show paths for all 64 bit applications.
* Scanner did not find both instances if a file was in both 32 and 64 bit Program Files folder.
* Opera immunization was only for plugins (now cookies and content as well).
* Firefox immunization was missing.