Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Spanish translation contributed by Marton Larrosa.
* Software Compatibility tool (in Configure menu) detects software on the computer and applies necessary configuration.
* New "X" icon is displayed while deleting the contents of a sandbox.
* Improved support for Windows 7 (Release Candidate build 7100 only).
* Freeze/lock-up in web browsers due to a problem in Immediate Recovery.
* Color border option (in Sandbox Settings > Appearance) appears on secondary monitors in a multiple-monitor setup.
* Minor problem on Windows Vista when deleting files in a Windows Explorer running under Sandboxie.
* Support for keyboard navigation in Sandboxie Start Menu.
* Resolved problem with Microsoft Office products freezing/locking-up when opening documents in a Forced Folder.
* Some performance improvements due to optimized registry access.
* Error SBIE2313 Could not execute SandboxieRpcSs.exe (267) caused by blocking access to some folders through Sandbox Settings > Resource Access > File Access > Blocked Access.
* Improved compatibility with Online Armor.
* Improved compatibility with ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite Version 8.