Netscape 9.0 Beta 3
AOL stopped development of the Netscape browser in February 2008 so is no longer officially supported.
Netscape Browser provides more security options, streamlines more standard browsing tasks and arms internet users with more timesaving solutions to their browsing needs.
Quickly view the status of security protection provided by the Netscape Browser. The browser will automatically let you know when there is a problem.
Spyware & Adware Protection
The Netscape Browser provides real time Spyware scanning when you download files from the web. You may also run memory and disk scans for Spyware protection and prevention.
The Netscape Browser takes the mystery out of Real Simple Syndication (RSS) and allows you to read and manage RSS feeds without the need of a separate news reader application.
Create more than one profile to keep your bookmarks and passcards safe from other users. If you have a family, create a profile for your children and make use of the parental controls feature.
Tabbed browsing lets you have multiple web pages open in one window. This feature is great for organizing and freeing up desktop space because it files your web pages in a series of tabs.
The new Netscape Browser gives you more ways to make your browser secure.
* New preferences in Tabs panel of Preferences dialog
* Added "Link Pad" to the "Clear Private Data" dialog
* Fixed issue with Link Pad icon blinking indefinitely
* Added News preferences to Netscape.com pane of Preferences dialog
* Fixed bug with feed processor that was causing both a memory leak and excessive CPU usage
* Added tab preference for opening bookmarks
* Added tab preference for links opened by Netscape.com integrated components
* Changed URL correction confirmation to be enabled by default
* Fixed bug in URL correction that was interrupting the auto-addition of "www" and ".com"
* Fixed bug that caused the "Confirm corrections" item in the Location bar's context menu to be hidden
* Added button in preferences to easily disable Netscape.com integration
* Various performance fixes