IsoBuster 3.2 Beta
IsoBuster is an award winning , highly specialized and easy to use CD, DVD and blu-ray (BD, HD DVD) data recovery tool.
It supports all CD / DVD / BD / HD DVD formats and all common file-systems ... Rescue lost files from a bad or trashed CD or DVD disc, save important documents, precious pictures, video from the family, your only system backup, ... IsoBuster can do it all.
No accumulated cost if you need more than one type media supported. IsoBuster is a highly specialized yet easy to use optical media data recovery tool. It supports all optical disc formats and all common optical disc file-systems. Start up IsoBuster, Insert a disc, select the drive (if not selected already) and let IsoBuster mount the media. IsoBuster immediately shows you all the tracks and sessions located on the media, combined with all file-systems that are present.
This way you get easy access, just like Windows Explorer, to all the files and folders per file-system. Instead of being limited to one file-system that the OS picks for you, you have access to "the complete picture". Access data from older sessions, access data that your OS (e.g. Windows) does not see or hides from you etc.
- Support for ExFAT.
- Find deleted NTFS files and folders during a scan for missing files and folders.
- Implemented a "Find deleted files and folders" option, when an NTFS file-system is selected. This is a much faster scan if you're only interested in finding deleted files and folders in an NTFS file-system.
- Support for FATX
- Support for XISO / XDVDFS
- Extended Master Boot Record (EMBR) support.
- BSD partitions support.
- Further improved the UAC experience by tweaking and fixing issues. The experience is still the same as described in previous release.
- Remove duplicate partitions (for instance when there's a GPT but the MBR fields still point to valid partitions as well).
- Ways to dump all sectors that are being read to log files (for debug purposes) (support for *.ibdat and *.ibadr).
- Added .bkf file type recognition to the file-signature scan.
- Further improved the ListView Columns' drag behaviour by working around (Builder) VCL limits/bugs.
- An NTFS file also gets the Sparse property now when it's not fragmented (and not only when its extents are sparse)
- Display the File's start LBA for a sparse file, except when the first extent is sparse, then "Sparse" is displayed
- Added Full Path(s) and Start and Finish processing time to the MD5 file (as comments).
- Ability (set via options) to store and restore the position of the main form (instead of always centered).
- Added *.dd to the supported image files.
- Recognize EXT SuperBlock when trying to determine the blocksize of an image (for instance a Linux made .dd file with an EXT1,2,3 or 4 file-system).
- Improved handling of NTFS MFT embedded files during the scan for missing files based on their signature
- Various other smaller GUI improvements
- Not all *.png files were found during a scan for missing files and folders (bug introduced in version 3.1).
- Mac HFS file systems with large fragmented files (more than 8 extents) could trigger a program crash.
- In rare cases not all files and/or folders of an NTFS folder were found, if that folder was described in both the MFT record and via INDX records.
- Sometimes too small files were created, when they were fully sparse (one extent, sparse (= all zeroes) (NTFS).
- Fixed it so that the progress bar also changes color (red) in case of errors, during a scan for missing files and folders