Most defrag tools only allow you to defrag an entire drive. Defraggler lets you specify one or more files, folders, or the whole drive to defragment. With Defraggler you can choose exactly what you want to defrag.
When Defraggler reads or writes a file, it uses the exact same techniques that Windows uses. Using Defraggler is just as safe for your files as using Windows.
At a glance, you can see how fragmented your hard drive is. Defraggler's drive map shows you blocks that are empty, not fragmented, or needing defragmentation.
Key Features include:
- Give your hard drive a quick touch-up with Quick Defrag.
- Organizes empty disk space to further prevent fragmentation.
- Defragment while you sleep - and wake up with a faster PC. Set Defraggler to run daily, weekly or monthly.
- Full Windows OS and Multi-lingual support.
- Boot time defrag of system files.
- Supports 37 major languages.
Defraggler works with both HDDs and SSDs and it supports NTFS and FAT32 file systems! And because Defraggler is made by Piriform, the company that also brought you CCleaner and Recuva, it is completely free!
- Improvements to speed and accuracy of the search algorithm.
- Redesigned NTFS processes for optimized speed and memory.
- Improved event handling with Windows 7.
- Improved scheduling for non-admin users.
- Fixed issue that caused drive icons to disappear from the drive list.
- Fixed issue that caused the Analyze button to be incorrectly drawn during long tasks.
- Improved handling of long non-English strings in options dialog.
- Fixed issue with fragmentation percent when drive contains sparse files.
- Moved about dialog to a separate window.
- Improved error logging in Windows 7.
- Minor GUI changes and tweaks.
- Minor bug fixes.