DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won't freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won't jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.
- Fixed a possible deadlock
- [bug 1058] Removed some whitespace
- Removed the possibility to download files without TTH
- Removed the possibility to read *.DcLst files (no TTH, no i18n support)
- Files with no TTH no longer show up in search and directory listings
- Sources in the queue with no TTH support will no longer appear
- Files without TTH in the queue will be removed (finish downloads with an older version)
- [ADC] Fixed support for uncompressed files.xml as well as proper files.xml.bz2 support
- Some socket code cleanup
- Removed broken nick save code
- Upgraded yaSSL to 1.4.0
- Fixed some SSL connection issues
- Fixed on-the-fly compression of file lists
- [bug 1055] Stopped files.xml.bz2 from being deleted on linux
- [bug 1061] Log page fix