Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.
Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
To find out how skins can improve your user experience, check out our guide to installing skins for Winamp.
* Improved: Memory allocation optimizations & fixes
* Improved: [ml_playlists] Show currently playing song
* Fixed: Some radio streams no longer playing as a result of the Icecast fix in 5.64
* Fixed: Crash when pasting artwork into File Info dialog in 5.64
* Fixed: [in_mp3] PIC frame rendering in ID3v2.2 tags
* Fixed: [gen_ml] Enter key not working correctly for ml views
* Fixed: [ml_local] Sporadic crashes when importing library in 5.64
* Fixed: [ml_plg] Broken 'View tracks similar to' menu item in main window songticker
* Fixed: [npwachk] Winamp Detector plugin not working with latest Firefox
* Fixed: [wasabi] Quirks with color theme list handling
* Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Updated: [enc_fhgaac] Fraunhofer AAC Encoder v3.02.15
* Updated: [png] libpng v1.5.17
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.2.7