Winamp 5.23 Beta 666
Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.
Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
To find out how skins can improve your user experience, check out our guide to installing skins for Winamp.
- Improved: [gen_jumpex] jump-to-file speed improvements
- Fixed: playlist saving with network share files
- Fixed: Media Library preferences not loading in correct order
- Fixed: main window not hilited when restoring from minimized state in classic skin.
- Fixed: slow loading of playlists with URLs
- Fixed: CD burning using third party input plugins
- Fixed: classic skin winshade playlist time display
- Fixed: [gen_ff] Wasabi XML font-related fixes from Martin Poehlmann
- Fixed: [gen_ff] Map.getHeight() maki script function returning width instead
- Fixed: [gen_ff] winshade global hotkeys broken w/ modern skins
- Fixed: [gen_jumpex] 'Add to Queue' issues
- Fixed: [gen_jumpex] NT4 incompatability
- Fixed: [gen_jumpex] misc bug fixes
- Fixed: [gen_ml] icon changes on drag+drop items
- Fixed: [in_mp3] playback of AAC streams
- Fixed: [in_mp4] seek bug when using right arrow key
- Fixed: [in_wm] Playback restarts from beginning when editing tags of a currently playing .wma file
- Fixed: [in_wm] protocol/extension reversed in config > filetype > edit
- Fixed: [in_wm] 'Audio only' always checked for ASF/WMV in config
- Fixed: [in_wm] seek bug when using right arrow key
- Fixed: [ml_bookmarks] 'Edit Bookmarks' menu item not working when Media Library is hidden
- Fixed: [ml_local] crash while rearranging media library views
- Fixed: [ml_local] crash on close
- Fixed: [ml_local] sort arrow reversed in some columns
- Fixed: [ml_playlists] Import Playlists uses containing dir for title instead of filename
- Fixed: [ml_playlists] No "Recurse" checkbox in Import Playlists From Folder
- Fixed: [ml_playlists] Add Dir adds all filetypes (not just all-supported)
- Fixed: [ml_playlists] rt-click enqueue not working & other issues
- Fixed: [ml_playlists] Not saving playlists in some situations
- Fixed: [ml_playlists] crash when loading badly formed WPL playlists
- Fixed: [ml_playlists] drag&drop into playlist not adding to correct position
- Fixed: [ml_playlists] root playlist screen not updating when adding new playlist
- Fixed: [ml_playlists] reverting changes on send-to: playlist
- Fixed: [ml_wire] some podcasts only display one item
- Fixed: [out_ds] stop with fade (shift+v) issue
- Updated: [in_cdda] CDDB 22.214.171.124