SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures.
SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature).
SpeedFan can access digital temperature sensors and can change fan speeds accordingly, thus reducing noise.
SpeedFan can find almost any hardware monitor chip connected to the 2-wire SMBus (System Management Bus (trademark belonging to SMIF, Inc.), a subset of the I2C protocol) and works fine with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP and Windows Vista. It works with Windows 64 bit too.
SpeedFan can handle:
- almost any number of South Bridges
- almost any number of hardware monitor chips
- almost any number of hard disks
- almost any number of temperature readings
- almost any number of voltage readings
- almost any number of fan speed readings
- almost any number of PWMs
added detection and support for internal temperature sensors on multiprocessor AMD K8 (Sempron, Athlon 64 and Opterons) systems
- added full support for ADM1026
- added full support for SMSC SCH311x
- added full support for MAX6640
- added full support for INTEL 631xESB SMBus
- added full support for ADT7473
- added LPC47M534 fan support
- ADT7473 and ADT7476 temperatures now properly handle offset 64 setting
- fixed W83637HF PWM MODE 3 and PWM 3 ENABLE setting
- fully verified DFI LP NF4 support
- added a check to skip SCSI disks that return invalid LOG SENSE pages (usually are EIDE/SATA disks where the driver tries to emulate some SCSI specific calls)
- added preliminary detection of NS PC8374L, NS PC87427 and WINBOND W83627DHG
- added an additional check in LM80 detection to avoid some false positives
- improved ICH7-M support
- added /NOAMDK8SCAN command line switch
- 100% fan speeds on program exit is no longer a default