Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Relaxed domain licensing restrictions to allow unrestricted use on portable computers. (Initially available in version 3.20.01)
* Translation to Simplified Chinese, contributed by Hang Lu.
* Online multiplayer games running in a sandbox can connect to PunkBuster-enabled game servers.
* Improved support for FAT32 volumes on Windows 2000. This functionality was last available in Sandboxie 2.64, and is now restored.
* Proper sandboxing for the installation and use of side-by-side (SXS) DLLs allows complex products to be installed entirely into the sandbox.
* In Windows Vista systems where User Account Controls is enabled, Sandboxie can start programs as Administrator.
* Support for Windows Live Mail.