Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Full support for 64-bit Windows.
- Single installation EXE contains both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Sandboxie.
* Improved Disable Forced Programs mode.
- Hold Ctrl+Shift while invoking the right-click Run Sandboxed command on a program that is forced, to run the program outside the supervision of Sandboxie.
- When Disable Forced Programs is used to start some forced program X outside the supervision of Sandboxie, then any other forced programs started by that program X will also start outside the supervision of Sandboxie.
* Improved support for User Account Control (UAC) elevation by sandboxed programs.
- No longer requires Sandboxie Control to be running.
- Pop-up window displays information about the elevating program.
* Fixed incompatibility with Software Restriction Policies (SRP) on Windows 7.
* Windows Explorer running under Sandboxie displays current folder in title.
* Prevent Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers from updating in the sandbox.
- Message SBIE2191 will be displayed.
* Support for installing extensions into Google Chrome.
* Support for ICMP (ping) operations by sandboxed programs in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
* Improved compatibility with third-party security software: a2 Anti Malware.
* Improved compatibility with other third-party software: Macro Express, LinkStash, Bing Toolbar.