Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* The Excel clipboard problem "The picture is too large and will be truncated." has been fixed.
* Sandboxie is now built under Visual Studio 2010 and uses newer versions of the Microsoft libraries. Two new security features have been enabled for all Sandboxie binaries: DEP (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... -questions) and ASLR (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_sp ... domization) .
* Fixed the following startup errors on the Dell Venue and other Win 8.1 tablets. SBIE2336 Error in GUI server: 11 / C0000021?. SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process Start.exe 88/0?
* Fixed for Windows 8.1 update KB2919355.
* Fixed several additional C0000142 (STATUS_DLL_INIT_FAILED) bugs. These could also show up as "CRT not initialized" or "DLL failed to initialize" errors and could also sometimes cause the sandboxed application to crash on start.
* Incompatibility with FFX 27 and Avast that caused FFX to run with no visible windows.
* Chrome crash when reporting an issue under Tools->Report an issue...
* Fixed a problem with DFS drives (Distributed File System)
* The "InjectDll" setting would sometimes cause DLL initialization to fail with the message "CRT not initialized" or "DLL failed to initialize".