Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- Fixes to several issues which were discovered with version 4.04.
- Performance improvements over version 4.04.
- Improved support for running Internet Explorer 10 under Sandboxie.
- Improved support for Windows 8, in particular: Installing programs in the sandbox, running full screen programs in the sandbox, and printing from 32-bit programs under Sandboxie.
- Initial support for Windows 8.1.
- Support for Windows Server 2003, which was missing in version 4.04.