Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
# New features and bug fixes:
- Fix a crash issue while using Function list.
- Enhance delimiter selection (Ctrl + Mouse Double Click) - add GUI settings in Preferences dialog.
- Add open session in the new instance capacity.
- Add new command line argument "-openSession" for opening a session file.
- Add multi-instance option.
- Fix regression -systemtray command line option not working properly.
- Fix begin/end selection bug after the text modification between the begin and end position.
- Add localization command line option -LlangCode where langCode is browser language code.